What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about Being the Best and about Empowering People for success and personal vitality. Winning an Olympic Gold medal in a boat of four men at the Sydney Olympics in 2000, wasn’t just about individual technique and training discipline but about the interrelationships between myself, Steve Redgrave, James Cracknell and Matthew Pinsent and about empowering each other to make the boat move faster. Sometimes it’s about thinking the unthinkable and saying the unsayable but it’s also about encouragement and skill and trust. After winning Gold, I began using our Olympic strategies to coach others and found a buzz in helping people develop their own rhythm. It’s why I went on to coach sport at the highest level.
What gives you the edge in business?
In Sydney the difference between a Gold and Silver medal was just 0.4 seconds, so I understand that the smallest of margins can make a vast difference to your future and I am well-equipped and highly motivated to help you achieve that difference.
Gaining a distinction in my Executive MBA from Saïd Business School honed my business acumen. Together with over 25 years of experience at the highest level within sport and business, operating at all levels from elite athlete to management, and across different countries, languages and cultures, I understand how to test a situation or an individual to foster the change that leads to lasting performance and personal vitality.
- Experience of: creating a high performance culture, teamwork, success, coaching, managing budgets and people, achieving goals and coping with success.
- Specialties include: leadership, teamwork, motivation, engagement, change management, facilitation, reaching peak performance, goal setting and achieving, and the long road to success.
- Business clients include: Neptune Investment Management, Deloitte, Lloyds, EDF Energy, GDF Suez, Siemens Financial, Swiss Post, Eversheds and Gartner amongst others.
- Rowing Coaching: Head of the Swiss international rowing programme including World Championship and Olympic teams, also University of London, Elite Coach UK Sport
- Academic clients: Saïd Business School and Oxford Brookes University including mentoring entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs, as well as international students looking to develop business plans for their Tier 1 Entrepreneurship Visa application.
Tim Foster, MBE, MBA – Executive Coach, Business Consultant and Strategist
Olympic Gold Medallist (Rowing), Director of Foster Development Ltd